Renovation Rescue – Two Weeks Down!

Wow, time flies when you’re having fun. After 14 solid days of 8am starts and 6pm finishes I’ve come to the point where time has gotten the better of me and I’m due back to work tomorrow. Whilst I had grand plans of having everything finished in 14 days I’ve come to the realisation that there is always going to be more things than you imagined. Whilst most of the big ticket items are competed and went according to schedule (painting, electrical, plastering and floor coverings) it has been all of the little things that you don’t think about that add extra jobs into your day. I’m anticipating that I’ll need an additional 4 days to complete the project and with work beckoning that means another 2 weekends. I’m not sure if it’s wishful thinking but I’ll give it a damn good shot.

This morning was the last visit to the property before having to depart for the week and I managed to finish two coats of ceiling paint in the bathroom which only leaves the bathroom walls to complete which is a half day job. The other surprise that we came across in the bathroom was the plaster above the shower. For some (initially) unknown reason there were 2 full sheets of plaster above the shower. The plasterer took the 1st sheet down earlier this week as the plaster underneath was perfectly fine. Still thinking there must have been a reason for the 2 sheets it quickly became apparent when I went to fit the new exhaust fan in. The initial hole that was cut out was not only too big but an odd shape. The fan just would not stay in. This obviously happened a long time ago and the way the problem was solved was to nail on another sheet of plaster. We’ve adjusted this approach by cutting out a square of plaster, placing it on an angle in a diamond position and using the same theory, making a modest feature out of it. Advice from my friend Ryan this week, if you can’t remove it or fix it…make a feature of it, so we did. The pics below show the current state with the plaster being fixed to the base sheet. I’ll remove this, paint it out and install the new fan next week. Morning gone, it was time to hit the road. I’m increadibly proud of what has been achieved in 2 weeks and cannot wait to get back in to the place for a few extra days and finish it off.

Keep an eye out next weekend for days 15 and 16.

Have a great week, and thanks for all of the support everyone!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

Advertisements

Join in the discussion here!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s