Renovation Rescue – Getting a head-start

So after settlement of this property I had a few busy weeks prior to being able to take some solid time off to really sink my teeth into this renovation project and I wasn’t going to be able to spend more than a day at the property. I knew that at the most I could allocate two weeks off from work to get this project done so I was eager to still utilise any time that I had in the lead up to the two weeks in order to make things progress along. The first thing I was going to do was spend the one day that I did have at the property to do some fairly dramatic work in the front garden to prepare it for re-planing with some leafy and low maintenance plants. Getting rid of the un-loved plants that were there and revitalising the soil was my goal for the day, unfortunately 30 years worth of plants didn’t all come out as easy as I first thought. The end result after a lot of hard work provides the blank canvas that I was after however. See below.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The other thing I wanted to do was to renew the kitchen and bedroom cupboards and drawers with a fresh coat of paint and some new hardware. This was a great job to do on the move so I removed all of the doors and drawers and took them home with me. Even though I was not at the property I was still able to renew all of the doors and drawers which has saved a lot of time since being back at the property. A fresh paint, some modern new handles and a trick I learnt from YouTube to remove paint from old hinges and they are ready to go! I’m pretty chuffed with the before and afters!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Tomorrow out come the paint brushes!


Join in the discussion here!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s